The new lockdown guidelines released by the district administration dated 18.05.2021, completely prohibit the movement of people in the district. Deputy Commissioner Pavan Kumar Malapati announces what’s allowed and what’s not. The following restrictions will be in force from 10 AM on 19.05.2021 to 6 AM on 24.05.2021.
The following guidelines were announced after the video-conferencing of PM and district collectors of various districts of the state that happened early today. The decision of the administration is mainly because Ballari records the highest test positivity rate in the Karnataka state.
- The ration of this month from the Public Distribution Scheme (PDS) will be directly delivered to the beneficiaries houses by the personnel.
- Fruits and vegetables shall be accessed by people only through hopcoms and manually movable vehicles.
- Milk, eggs and other dairy products can be availed every day between 6 AM-10 AM.
- Restaurants in the district are allowed to function only for deliveries and takeaways. No movement of people will be allowed for the same. The restaurants are asked to deliver it to their respective addresses.
- All the medical shops are allowed.
- Anybody going to the hospitals for any medical help and the ones accompanying them are allowed to move.
- Newspapers, Media and ATM facilities are allowed.
- Construction work allowed only with the labourers working, who have resided at the construction site only.
- The personnel deployed for COVID-19 duty are allowed to move.
- Compulsory services like ambulance, fire, medical services, banks, electricity, oxygen manufacturing unit, petrol pumps, water purification services are allowed.
What’s not allowed?
- General stores, fruits and vegetable stores across the district, meat shops, liquor stores, animal food stores will remain closed.
The public is requested to follow and adhere to the government guidelines.