On Sunday, the first train started from Bengaluru for the six-nights seven-day luxury tour and arrived at Hospet station on Wednesday
The package “The Pride of Karnataka” covers the Bandipur national park, Mysuru, Halebidu, Chikkamagaluru and Goa. The trip will also include visits to Unesco world heritage sites of Badami Caves, Pattadakal temples and Hampi palace ruins and will end in Bengaluru.
The Golden Chariot is a luxury train operating in the Southern Sector that aims to provide a mix of travel to historical, architectural, mystique, and scenically significant destinations while also offering state-of-the-art facilities on board.
The luxury train was first launched by the Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation in 2008, but it was later taken over by IRCTC for operations, management, and marketing.
The tour package covers all onboard meals, sightseeing transportation, entrance fees to all of the sites visited, and the expense of guides. The tour packages cost 3,20,130 for the deluxe cabin and 2,40,100 for the single supplement.
The fares include:
- All meals that feature both Indian and international cuisines.
- Wines, beers and domestic spirits are complimentary.
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- An experienced English speaking tour director/ guide
- Travel to and from tourist sites in AC buses
- Round the clock free butler and porter services
- Rooms that come with an attached bathroom, LCD TV, free WiFi and electronic safes.
- Other amenities passengers can enjoy onboard include spas and gyms.