As a response to effectively stop the further spread of COVID-19 in the Ballari and Vijayanagara districts, the district administration has decided to impose selective restrictions.
The state executive committee vide reference orders has observed the resurge in the COVID-19 cases in the bordering states and in certain places within the state. Containment, Surveillance, and cautionary measures at the micro level so as to ensure effective implementation of Test-Track-Treat-Vaccination and adherence to COVID-`19 appropriate behaviour.
Ballari and Vijayanagara districts have experienced an increased positivity rate in the second wave, in this regard, it is very much imperative to impose certain essential precautionary measures in the interest of Public health and safety. Hence, the following is the list of restrictions that will be imposed in the districts with immediate effect from 01.08.2021 until further orders.
- Marriages and Family Functions with not more than 100 people and the ones adhering to COVID appropriate behaviour shall be permitted to conduct.
- Religious places shall be allowed to open only for Darshan Sevas or processions and other religious activities are not allowed.
- Parks shall be permitted to open from 7 AM to 6 PM for walking and jogging purposes strictly adhering to COVID-19 Appropriate behaviour but no grouping activities shall be permitted.
- Maximum of 20 people shall be allowed for Funerals and Cremation, adhering to COVID-19 appropriate behaviour.
- People arriving from Kerala and Maharashtra should produce a negative RT-PCR certificate not older than 72 hours irrespective of vaccination status.
- Airlines, Railway and Road Transport Authorities shall ensure the passenger travelling to the district from Kerala and Maharashtra states carry negative RT-PCR certificate that is not older than 72 hours irrespective of vaccination status.